It has a nice little ring to it. To be honest, it can be challenging to get behind an unfamiliar bar, but if you’re with the right people, it’s a crazy rush and unbelievably fun. If you aren’t a bartender, it’s not really one of those things you ever think you’ll get to do. Well that’s all about to change!
Introducing: Star Bar’s Battle of the Nontenders
This summer, on Thursday nights, we’re giving you – Mr. Accountant, Ms. Nurse – a chance to jump behind the bar and get in on the action.
- What: Weekly head-to-head bartender challenge bracket
- Who: Anyone who is not a bartender
- When: 6:30 – 8:30PM (most) Thursdays starting July 25 – preview battle July 11th with Lori Midson from Westword!
- Where: Star Bar’s back patio bar (2137 Larimer Street)
- Why: Learn some bartending basics, show off your skills, raise money for a local charity, win prizes, and have fun!
How it’ll go down
- You’ll need a little practice first! Our coaches will hold a Bartending 101 training sesh so you can get a handle on some basic cocktails and tools of the trade.
- Then on your big debut, you’ll be bartending next to another Nontender Challenger. You’ll both be scored on criteria from your speed to your charm.
- Both Nontenders are encouraged to invite all their friends and fans so they can order, drink, vote, and tip (and root for you, of course!).
- You may even have some of your favorite bartenders in the crowd looking for something off-the-cuff and creative, but not to worry, your coaches will be there if you need to use a lifeline.
It’ll be lots of fun with awesome prizes each week, but only one Nontender will be crowned CHAMPION! Plus, the tips from the entire series will go to the champion’s charity of choice!
How do I sign up?!
- Check the calendar to make sure you’re available most Thursdays, especially those of the semi-final and final in case you go ALL-THE-WAY.
- Read over the format and start waxing your mustache.
- Fill out the application by Friday, July 5.
- Use Tout to submit a video about why you should win or why you should rule the world. Details are below.
- Wait by the phone (j/k – we’ll email you to let you know where you stand).
- If you’re in, we’ll assign you a date for your first battle so you can start getting your fan club excited and your battle uniform pressed! (Psst… “Style points” is a category, so get creative)
NOTE: A mandatory component for entry is to submit a 15 second Tout video with a fitting title on both Twitter and Facebook. For this:
- Post video on Twitter and tag @starbar_denver and use #nontenderbattle.
- Share video on Star Bar’s Facebook page.
- Send video to us at email@example.com.
Let the games begin and the good times roll!