Denver’s food and beverage scene is growing and maturing with every passing day. New restaurant concepts, speakeasies, and even a James Beard Award are helping to mold this city’s offerings into something unique and magical.
But what does it take to make the best food and drink under one roof? What spots in this town truly capture the best dishes and the best drinks? The Toques & ‘Tails competition Thursday night, May 23, aims to find out. Eight restaurants will compete, pitting chef against chef and bartender against bartender.
In the first round, chefs and bartenders will create a classic. A classic cocktail and a classic dish. Next up, the chef and bartender will create a paired dish and cocktail. While the judges do all the hard work, guests are able to wander the venue sampling all the competition goods.
Restaurant / Chef / Bartender
- Central / Gerard Strong / James Menkal
- Colt & Gray / Nelson Perkins / Kevin Burke
- Corner House / Matt Selby / Gerard Collier
- The Corner Office / Rich Byers / Ben Anderson
- Le Grand / Jeremy Thomas / Patrick Williams
- Old Major / Justin Brunson / Ryan Conklin
- TAG / Troy Guard / Tyler Lewis
- Trillium / Ryan Leinonen / Parker Ramey
Ambassadors and judges hail from Colorado and all over the country. I
hope imagine it will look like a scene from Best In Show. Check out the full list of judges and ambassadors.
Tickets are still available. $45 gets you in the door and a face full of amazing food and drink. For $95, you can get VIP passes, which grant you entrance an hour early, access to a VIP spirits lounge, and a gift bag.
Who do you think has what it takes to win?
- Toques & ‘Tails
- Thursday, May 23, 6-9pm
- Cassleman’s, 2620 Walnut St
- More information: toquesandtails.com
- Tickets: https://kiosk.eztix.co/kiosk/13702