American Craft Beer Week is upon us. Started in 2006 as a way to give Craft Beer fans (and noobs) more chances in more places to savor the brews that have kept this country chugging along (well, maybe not single handedly, but it’s a nice thought). There are numerous events going on across the state that highlight the ever-growing craft scene. Here are a few we are looking forward to:
The Nationwide Toast– Thursday 5/16 at 6 P.M. wherever there is a craft beer to be had.
Colorado + (plus, C+, as you will) will have their official launch on Monday, May 13th, in the old Valentia’s on 6995 W 38th Ave. in Wheat Ridge. Dozens of taps, loads of food. You can read more about it here.
Brewery Rickoli – launching a new beer every night this week.
- Tuesday – Woody (aged scotch ale)
- Wednesday – Old Rickoli (barrel aged barelywine ale)
- Thursday – Monolith (barrel aged imperial American stout)
- Friday – Statik (pale ale, massive IBUs and ABV – bring a designated driver)
Meet the River North Brewers at Denver Bike Cafe – Monday, May 13 – Jump on your bike and stop by the Denver Bicycle Cafe (17th and Emerson) where the RiNo brewers will be serving up samples of whatever suits them. The Cafe will also be tapping the Barrel Reserve 2013 – a blend of whiskey aged beers. River North has a ton of other things happening for ACBW that you can check out on their blog.
Rackhouse Pub – Something going on every night. If you can handle it, stop in and taste awesome-ness from Avery, Oskar Blues, Yak&Yeti, and New Belgium. Also, tasty mac and cheese.
New Belgium Brewery – Tapping something new every night and pairing with something delicious off a local food truck. Not wanting to figure out dinner this week? We got it figured out for you:
- Tuesday 05.14 – Billy’s Beer tapping and Common Link’s Pluot Braised pork belly sliders
- Wednesday 05.15 – Firkin tapping and Common Link’s Rampant IPA Black Angus Burger
- Thursday 05.16 – Biere de Peach Barrel tapping and Waffle Lab’s Classic Liege waffle (or beer brat!)
- Friday 05.17 – La Folie tapping and Umami’s Da Bahn Mi Sandwich
- Saturday 05.18 – Le Terrior tapping and Umami’s Korean Tacos
Odell’s – In addition to a food truck collection of their own, Odell’s will officially unveil the Loose Leaf session (otherwise only available in the Montage variety pack or on tap at any Old Chicago restaurant around town) as well as the release of their Double Pilsner and the butterfly-friendly Celastrina (proceeds from every bottle sold will go to researching the blue hop butterfly). Co Springs
Crating a Nation will be making their Boulder debut at Upslope Brewing’s new location (1898 S. Flat Iron Court, Boulder) on May 17th. Tickets will be available shortly on the Crafting a Nation website.
Coast to Coast Toast – at the Boulder History Museum on May 16th. Gather with other craft beer fans, brewers, and Boulderites to raise your glass in good company as the whole country toasts to this great event. You’re gonna need tickets, make sure you’ve got tickets.