An event centered on beer, coffee, and unlimited bacon pretty much sells itself. I mean, what else do you need to know before snagging your credit card and making reservations in the next five seconds? Even if the event is being held at the bottom of the ocean, and all the profits fund the Prohibition Party, you’d still go because the allure of the aforementioned consumables is too great to overcome. Nonetheless, I’m going to redundantly talk-up Denver Beer Co.’s second annual Beer, Bacon, & Coffee Fest just so there’s not a shred of doubt left in your mind that you need to attend.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, February 23rd from 9am-noon (morning beers are the best beers) at the Denver Beer Co. taproom. There, for a $30 ticket, you’ll enjoy a burrito from Chile Billy, coffee from Coda Coffee, a souvenir mug, breakfast-inspired ales, and—the deal-sealer—all-you-can-eat bacon from chef Justin Brunson’s newly-established Denver Bacon Co. Please, refrain from drooling on your keyboard.
The beer line-up is as follows:
- Swineheitsgebot: Rauchbier aged on Denver Bacon Co. bacon
- Red Eye: Rauchbier aged on black and red Chipotle peppers
- Kenya Karitina: Oatmeal stout with Coda Coffee
- Rwanda Abakundakawa: Stout made with Coda Coffee
- Cascara IPA: Hoppy, American IPA aged on dried coffee bean fruit
- Denver Breakfast Stout: Chocolate espresso stout on firkin
- Belgian Breakfast Ale: Belgian pale ale with apricots, blueberries, and spices on firkin
- Red Beer: Spicy Bloody Mary mix and amber ale
To top it all off, this falls right in the midst of the Wagon’s 2nd Birthday. Throw your keys away and add this fest to your weekend schedule.
Take it from me, somebody who attended last year’s Beer, Bacon, & Coffee Fest, you’re going to hate yourself if you miss this event. Call the brewery at (303-433-2739) or go to the taproom to reserve your spot.