Over the past two years, we’ve done a lot of drinking. A lot of thinking and a lot of drinking. Through beer, wine, and spirits, we have sipped, sloshed, slurped, sopped, swallowed, swigged and swilled our way around this fine town. In honor of turning two, we are throwing a three-day party. Because, math. And also to give each category – beer, wine, and spirits – its own day in the sun.
Wine Pairing at Jonesy’s EatBar
6:30 – 8:30 pm
Kick off the celebration with a six course wine dinner. Spend the evening with our guest sommelier Max Koepke as he pairs six Colorado wines with six delicious courses.
- Course 1: Truffle Fries paired with a Colorado sparkling wine
- Course 2: Italian Mussels paired with Canyon Wind Cellars 47-Ten Rose
- Course 3: Savory Duck Rice Pudding paired with Two Rivers Colorado Syrah
- Course 4: Low Country Grits paired with Two Rivers Chardonnay
- Course 5: Meat Loaf paired with Bookcliff Vineyards Cabernet
- Course 6: Surprise dessert paired with the Colorado Manhattan
Tickets are on sale now for $60, and there’s a limited supply for 50 sippers, so get them before they sell out.
Friday, Feb. 22
Dubbel Entendre Release Party at Denver Beer Co.
4:30 pm until they kick us out
Last Friday, we brewed a Dubbel at Denver Beer Co. It’s bubbling away as you read this, and we’re tapping it Friday night, February 22.
This beer used all Belgian malts such as a Caramel Munich, a Caramel Vienne and a small amount of Special B. The beer is a rich amber copper color with dark fruits in the aroma and a balanced malty body. The hops we used were German Northern Brewer which will balance out the sweetness of the “three tons” of Belgian Candy sugar and a set the brew to bubble with an Abby Yeast.
Earlier this week we asked you to help name this beer and you delivered some awesome names. Drumroll please. The name of our second birthday beer is Dubbel Entendre.
Saturday, Feb. 23
Five Points Pub Crawl
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday is the actual day of our birth. Or of the site launching. Whatever.
It’s our birthday and we are going to party all day long and night! Grab some brunch and then meet us at Mile High Spirits to kick off the best day of your life.
We’ll stop off for a drink at some of our favorite Five Points watering holes: Mile High Spirits, Our Mutual Friend, The Matchbox, River North Brewing, Blake Street Tavern, Breckenridge Brewery, Whiskey Bar, and end at Star Bar. Dubbel Entendre will be available on tap at most of these locations, as well as some drink specials like $4 cocktails at Mile High Spirits and happy hour pricing at The Matchbox. Follow us on Twitter to see where we’re at and join the crawl!
Party at Star Bar
7:00 pm – 2:00 am
After the pub crawl, grab some grub at Biker Jim’s and enjoy exclusive deals as a Wagon party-goer. Then party the night away with us at Star Bar. They’re putting on some special tappings just for this night.
A preview of the tap list for the evening:
- Denver Beer Co. – Dubbel Entendre
- Handbuilt Session Common Pale – A Beer and Bike Collaboration with Odell Brewing, New Belgium Brewing, Blacksheep Bikes and Star Bar
- New Belgium – La Folie, Tart Lychee, Clutch and Biere De Mars
- Odell – Friek, The Meddler, Deconstruction and Saboteur
- Avery – Tweak and Bolder Weiss
- Great Divide – Barrel Aged Belgian Yeti
And if you aren’t into beer, you can sip on $5 Spring 44 and Rob’s Mountain Gin cocktails all night. And there will be punch!
We can’t wait to celebrate our birthday with you.