Hey Wagon Readers! PJ is out of town this week, so here are some top picks for the weekend. Feel free to share news about other weekend events in the comments section below or on our Facebook wall. Cheers!
- 2012 Colorado Brewers’ Festival, Sat June 23 & Sun June 24 ($20-$25): 70+ Colorado beers and 40+ Colorado breweries are represented along with 15 bands on two stages of great live music Saturday and Sunday in historic Downtown Fort Collins. Discounted tickets for designated drivers.
- Rails & Ales Brewfest, Sat June 23 at 9am, more info in great post by Chris Bruns.
- Steak and Scotch at Cook Street School of Culinary Arts, Fri June 22, 6pm-9:30pm ($99): Learn to cook a great steak, pommes puree, and about scotches from two different regions.
- Summit of Bluegrass & Blues – Brew Fest, Sat June 23, 1pm-5pm: Featuring 25+ Colorado Breweries & Live Music to benefit the Colorado Brewers Guild ($30). Free Bluegrass 5PM onwards at the Lake Dillon Amphitheatre.
- Wine Women & Shoes, Sat June 23, noon-4pm ($100): For those who’ve been following Colorado Fashion Week, here’s a great chance to continue the fun and enjoy some wine, an auction, shopping, and more at the Four Seasons Hotel–and all for charity (Child Advocates – Denver CASA).
- A Margarita Affair at A Bottled Affair, Fri June 22, 6pm ($40): Some Tequila 101 for those interested in making the best possible margaritas this summer! Discussion and tasting led by Yuri Kato of Tequila Corrido and special guest Lindsey Geiger of St. Germain.
- 2012 Summer Wine Classic at Denver’s Balistreri Vineyards, Fri June 22, 6pm-9pm ($35): Wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, silent auction, and more. Fundraiser for Stride Colorado and their efforts to help move families from poverty to self-sufficiency.
- 15 Rack 10-Ball, In-House Summer Pool League at Wynkoop Brewing Company, Sun June 24-August 26 $12/weekly: 10 weeks of Sunday sessions, 3 players to a table, weekly giveaways for winners, and session tournament in September with big prizes for qualified players.
- 3 Awesome nights at Falling Rock Tap House: Friday: Bull & Bush Legend of the Liquid Brain Anniversary Edition (5:30pm, don’t want to miss this); Saturday at 3pm: New Belgium ‘LOVE’; Sunday at 5:30pm: Dogfish Head Treats.
PS. Get your tickets to the 2nd Annual Colorado Distillers Festival at Rackhouse Pub! Tickets go on sale today, the event is on Sunday, August 19, 1pm-5pm. More info here.
Tags: a bottled affair, Balistreri Vineyards, brew fest, CASA, Colorado Brewers' Festival, Colorado Distillers Festival, Cook Street School of Culinary Arts, Falling Rock Tap House, Four Seasons Hotel Denver, fundraiser, margaritas, Rails & Ales Brewfest, Steak and Scotch, Stride, Summer Wine Classic, Summit of Bluegrass & Blues, Tequila Corrido, Weekend off the Wagon, Wine Women & Shoes, wynkoop