Vine Street Pub is on a roll! They opened the brewery mere days ago, began selling growlers, and now they’re celebrating their 4th Anniversary. Here are the details:
Four years ago, the owners of Boulder’s Mountain Sun and Southern Sun Pub & Brewery opened Vine Street Pub in Denver. Both Boulder locations are pubs with an in-house brewery, and have been supplying all of the house brews for Vine Street Pub, as well as producing all of their own house brews. Last year, the owners broke ground on a 3500-sq ft brewery at the Vine Street location and production is set to begin this week. To celebrate, Vine Street Pub will hold a benefit event, the “Smokin’ Hot Anniversary Party,” Friday, April 20, from 4:20 p.m. until close, featuring BBQ, special beers, and live music. The party is free and open to the public, and all proceeds go directly to Denver’s Judi’s House.
- What: Vine Street’s Smoking Hot Anniversary Party
- Why: Vine Street’s 4th anniversary, and to celebrate the new brewery
- When: Friday, April 20 4:20 pm
- Where: Vine Street Pub, 1700 Vine Street, Denver, CO 80206 (phone: 303.388.2337)
- Smokin’ Hot BBQ: Chef Annabelle Forresta will offer a special birthday BBQ including smoked meats, burgers, and brats
- Anniversary Beer: this year’s release is the Capital City Saison
- Live Music: the “By All Means Band” www.myspace.com/byallmeans4u will give a free concert on the patio
- Guest beers: As in previous years, local breweries will also donate beer to help raise funds for Judi’s House
- All proceeds from the event benefit Judi’s House www.judishouse.org. Judi’s House’s mission is to help children and families who have lost a loved one find hope and healing.
And here’s some more details on Capital Saison, this years’ anniversary beer from Brian Hutchinson (aka “Hutch”, Head Brewer of all 3 Mountain Sun Pubs):
Capitol City Saison will make it’s debut on 4/20/12 at all three pubs. This strong Saison was brewed in honor of the fourth anniversary of the Vine St Pub. With notes of ripe fruit and peppery spice from the classic Saison yeast, this beer is balanced by a moderate addition of both European and American hops. The result is a complex, yet balanced ale with a crisp, dry finish. 8%ABV
Who’s excited? But more importantly, who’s going?