It was Aubrey’s birthday last week. You guys don’t know Aubrey but she is one of the best people I have ever met. She loves coffee and pink lipstick as much as I love coffee and red lipstick. I thought what better for her birthday cupcakes than combining coffee with awesome shiny pinkness? Thus, my mocha raspberry cupcakes were born.
Makes approximately 24 cupcakes.
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup coffee beer of your choice (I went with the Espresso Oak Aged Yeti because it is one sexy beer)
- 3 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberry beer (I went with Great Divide Wild Raspberry Ale because heck, why not keep it local)
- red food coloring if desired
- pink decorating sugar
- chocolate covered espresso beans
First off, measure out the beer needed for the recipe then pour the rest into proper glassware sip and enjoy. If you are feeling a bit like living on the edge, blend the coffee with raspberry for a stellar treat. Combine all ingredients for the cupcakes in a large bowl and blend until smooth. Pour batter into lined cupcake trays. Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. While cupcakes are baking combine all ingredients for the frosting in a large bowl and beat until the desired consistency is achieved. About three minutes. Let cupcakes cool and frost. If desired, dip frosted cupcakes in pink decorating sugar and garnish each cupcake with a chocolate covered espresso bean. Enjoy!
* This recipe was made for high altitudes.