We Denverites don’t let a little cold and snow keep us from enjoying our social lives. Oh no. In fact, not a snowy weekend has gone by where I haven’t been involved in a frigid bar crawl in and around Cap Hill. Just last week, friends and I bundled up and trekked, albeit cautiously, to Vine Street Pub to indulge in a few tasty stouts (Stout Month FTW) – and it was totally worth it.
Even more, we Denverites typically know all the tips and tricks to the perfect après ski: something boozy to warm your belly, great company, and a warm fireplace nearby. How about the same great après ski elements without having to brave the I-70 traffic? Viola! Here’s a list of cozy Denver spots (complete with a fireplace) for the next time you head out and brave the cold.
- Caveau Wine Bar – 17th and Pennsylvania – Uptown
- The Cheeky Monk Wesminster – 14694 Orchard Pkwy – Westminster
- Colt & Gray – 1553 Platte Street – LoHi
- Delaney’s – 1801 Blake Street – Downtown
- Ernie’s Bar & Pizza – W. 44th and Federal – Highlands
- Fado Irish Pub – 19th and Wynkoop – Downtown
- Forest Room 5 (outdoor fire pit) – 2532 15th Street – LoHi
- Highland Tap & Burger – 2219 West 32nd Avenue – LoHi
- Kona Grill (outdoor fire pit) – 3000 E 1st Ave – Cherry Creek
- La Loma - 2527 West 26th Avenue – Jefferson Park
- Lincoln’s Roadhouse – 1201 South Pearl Street – Old S. Pearl
- Lost Lake Lounge – Colfax and Monroe – Congress Park
- Red Square – 15 and Larimer – Downtown
- Second Home (outdoor fire pit) – 150 Clayton Lane – Cherry Creek
- Stoney’s Bar & Grill – 11th and Lincoln – Capitol Hill
- Tavern Wash Park – 1096 South Gaylord Street – Wash Park
- The Tavern Uptown – 17th and Pearl – Uptown
Do you know a Denver bar with a fireplace that’s not included on this list? Let us know in the comments and we’ll add it to the list!
Looking for a restaurant with a great fireplace? Also check out Westword’s list of Five Best Restaurant Fireplaces!
Tags: bars, Bull and Bush, Caveau Wine Bar, cold, colt gray, delaney's, denver, ernie's, Fado Irish Pub, fireplaces, forest room 5, kona grill, la loma, Lincoln's Roadhouse, lost lake, red square, snow, stoney's, tavern uptown, tavern wash park, winter