You, the readers, have spoken. You told us your favorite beers and if we learned anything, it is that our readers have a very broad (and good) taste in craft beer. A total of 72 different beers from 24 breweries were nominated throughout the voting process. Luckily, there were enough of you that thought alike that we were able to compile our list. Here are the Top 10 Colorado Beers of 2011 according to you (generated by a secret Denver off the Wagon algorithm):
- Dry Dock Brewing Co. – Signature Series Bligh’s Barleywine Ale
- Renegade Brewing Co. – Elevation Triple IPA
- Odell Brewing Co. – Myrcenary Double IPA
- Great Divide Brewing Co. – Belgian Style Yeti
- Avery Brewing Co. – Rumpkin
- Odell Brewing Co. – Mountain Standard Double Black IPA
- Great Divide Brewing Co. – Barrel Aged Yeti
- Strange Brewing Co. – Cherry Kriek
- Crooked Stave – Fertile Soil
- Twisted Pine Brewery – Ghost Face Killah
And here are the 5 most-voted for breweries:
- Avery Brewing Co. & Great Divide Brewing Co. (Tie)
- Renegade Brewing Co.
- Dry Dock Brewing Co.
- Twisted Pine Brewery
- Denver Beer Co. & Upslope Brewing Co. (Tie)
To everyone that voted, thank you so much for your input! Here’s to a great 2012 with many, many more great craft beers from our great state! Any beers you’re looking forward to particularly? Leave them in the comments.
Tags: 2011, 2012, avery, Avery Brewing Co., Barrel Aged Yeti, Belgian-Style Yeti, Bligh's Barleywine, Cherry Kriek, Colorado, Crooked Stave, Double Black IPA, Dry Dock, Dry Dock Brewing Co., Elevation Triple IPA, Fertile Soil, GFK, ghost face killah, great divide, Great Divide Brewing Co., mountain standard, Myrcenary Double IPA, odell, Odell Brewing Co., renegade, Renegade Brewing Co., rumpkin, strange, Strange Brewing Co., Top Beers of 2011, Twisted Pine, Twisted Pine Brewery