As the Great American Beer Festival approaches, more and more events will be announced to keep you busy outside of the sessions. This event, however, is a special one. Two large figures in Colorado craft beer culture, Avery Brewing Company and Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen, have teamed up to offer a midnight breakfast on the first night (Thursday, September 29) of GABF. Tickets are $70, and starting at 11pm, you can indulge in a breakfast and beer pairing featuring the following:
- Breakfast Deviled Eggs and Sweet & Spicy Fruit served with Lilikoi Mahu Ale
- Caramel Bacon Sticky Buns served with Out of Sight Stout
- Small Epoisses & Peach Griddled Cheese Sandwiches served with Summer Day IPA
- Headcheese McMuffins served with Brabant Barrel Aged Wild Ale
- Blood Sausage served with Dry-Hopped Dugana IPA
- Foie Gras Eclairs with Rumpkin Ale Mousse served with Immitis Dark Sour Ale
- PB & Bacon Sourdough Waffle Sammy served with Dihos Dactylion Barrel-Aged Sour Ale
- Cinnamon & Sugarcake Doughnuts with Hog Heaven Glaze served with Meph Addict Coffee-Infused Belgian Imperial Stout
From Darin McGregor – Colorado Ale Ambassador, Avery Brewing Company:
The idea came from our long standing tradition of going for a late night breakfast after each session of the GABF. We figured why not expand on that and blow peoples’ minds? Start by teaming up with a badass Chef. I could think of no one I would rather do this with than Jorel Pierce. He’s a freakin’ mad man and I knew he could take this to the level that we wanted to reach. I wanted crazy food and Jorel lit up when we approached him. He took it even farther than I expected using things like headcheese, blood sausage, etc.
Next we access the cellar of Adam Avery, one of the deepest, darkest collections of deliciously rare beer you could ever hope for. We carefully paired each course and were all shocked at what we had come up with.
The evening will not be a formal sit down affair. Think more super high end breakfast buffet with rotating stations.The atmosphere will be much more like a cocktail party. The result hopefully will be one of those events of legend that will leave people talking for years to come.
Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. Make sure to pick up your tickets soon, sounds like this party is going to sell out quick.
Tags: Adam Avery, avery, Avery Brewing, Avery Brewing Co., beer, beer pairing, Brabant Barrel Aged Wild Ale, breakfast, CO, Colorado, craft beer, Darin McGregor, denver, Dihos Dactylion Barrel-Aged Sour Ale, Dry-Hopped Dugana IPA, Dugana IPA, Euclid Hall, GABF, immitis, Immitis Dark Sour Ale, Jorel Pierce, Lilikoi Mahu Ale, Meph Addict, midnight, Out of Sight Stout, rumpkin, Sour Ale, Summer Day IPA