Wine Country Network is sponsoring Taste of Elegance this year at the Omni Interlocken Resort (500 Interlocken Blvd, Broomfield) on Tuesday, June 7th beginning at 6:00pm. This Chef’s Food and Beer Competition will pair award-winning craft beers with the genius culinary skills of 12 Master Chefs from Colorado. Additionally, the showcased beers are winners from the 2011 Denver International Beer Competition. The chefs will each prepare dishes to pair with the specific winning beers they are given. Seats are limited, so be sure to get your tickets early.
TASTE OF ELEGANCE COMPETITION WILL SHOWCASE 13 COLORADO CHEFS & AWARD WINNING BEER ON JUNE 7, 2011
Denver, Colorado, May 16, 2011, Wine Country Network, Inc, today announced the line-up for its 2nd Annual Taste of Elegance Chefs Food & Beer Pairing Competition presented by Key Private Bank, which will be held on June 7, 2011 at The Omni Interlocken Resort, Broomfield,CO.
This edition pairs award-wining craft beers from the Denver International Beer Competition with outstanding culinary creations prepared by 13 Colorado Master Chefs. A professional panel of judges will choose the “Best Chef” and “Most Creative Chef”. All attendees will vote for “The People’s Choice Chef”.
The Line Up:
6 to 7pm Cocktail Reception Presented By Roundhouse Spirits. Cheese & Bacon Tasting by Cured Boulder & Tender Belly.
7 to 8:30pm Food & Beer Tasting
8:45pm Last Call For People’s Choice Vote
9:00pm Auction Ends & Chef Awards
* Michael Long, Chef, Aria, Cherry Creek
* Leo Harvey, Executive Chef, Big Game Restaurant and Lounge, Denver
* Geoffrey Groditski, Executive Chef, The Fort, Morrison
* Jean-Luc Voegele, Executive Chef, The Westin Downtown, Denver
* David Harker, Executive Chef with Mario Clapes, Chef De Cuisine The Meritage & Tap Room @ The Omni Interlocken Resort
* David Oliveri, Executive Chef, Farradday’s Steakhouse, Isle Casino, Blackhawk
* Jeff Bolton, Executive Chef, Second Home Kitchen & Bar, Denver
* Ian Kleinman, Chef/Owner The Inventing Room Catering
* Robert Corey, Chef/Owner, 12 Seasons Personal Chef Services
* Daniel Asher, Chef, Root Down/Linger
* Chris Blackwood, Chef/Owner, The Westend Tavern, Boulder
* Alicia Prescott, Pastry Chef, The Blue Starr and Nosh, Colorado Springs
2011 FOOD & BEER JUDGES
* Alex Seidel, Chef/Owner Fruition Restaurant, Denver
* Hosea Rosenberg, Bravo Top Chef Season 5 Winner
* Keith Villa, Brewmaster at Blue Moon Brewing Company
* Lori Midson, Cafe Society Editor, Westword
* Claire Walter, Food Critic & Author of “Culinary Colorado”
* Tom Spilman, Division President, Key Bank
* Dan Rabin, Journalist and Beer Competition Co-Chair
A live and silent auction will benefit The Help America Hear Program, a 501C 3 not-for profit organization that will provide hearing aids to disadvantaged Colorado residents.
Order online at Denverbeercomp.com
Or call 303 664-5700
About Wine Country Network:
Established in 2002, Wine Country Network, Inc is a multi-platform media and event company focused on wine, beer, cuisine and travel. The company publishes Wine Country International magazine and seven wine & food related websites. In addition to producing the Denver International Wine Competition and Festival. In 2010, the company entered the beer industry when it launched the Denver International Beer Competition.
Tags: 12 Seasons Personal Chef Services, Aria, Beer lover, beer pairing, Big Game, CHef, denver off the wagon, Farradday's Steakhouse, Foodie, Good and Beer Competition, Linger, Rood Down, Second Home Kitchen & Bar, Taste of Elegance, The Blue Starr and Nosh, The Fort, The Inventing Room Catering, The Meritage & Tap Room, The Westend Tavern, The Westin Downtown, Wine Country Network